Local artists interested in joining UP with Heads Up will be glad to know that our programs continue to be in high demand and we are always interested in local talent who have a heart for sharing their gifts with youth. Because part of our mission is to empower urban arts/ artists, we don’t hide the fact that we pay Artist Mentors $15-30/ workshop or session, depending on your length of time with Heads Up and how many classes you have taught.
The state requires all artist mentors have the following clearances within the past 365 days. Heads Up must see originals of these forms:
- FBI clearance (for Department of Public Welfare, DPW. Click ‘Register Online’ and then Select reason: ”Empoloyment with significant likelihood of regular contact with youth’”). Make sure to print confirmation page and take with you to UPS Store on Columbia Ave,
- Child Line Child Abuse clearance (check box for ‘SCHOOL‘ and photocopy your money order to prove it was sent),
- PA Criminal Background (print 3 copies instantly online)
Heads Up requires that Artist Mentors with Heads Up :
- Send us a short bio and a resume!
- Email us a completed Teacher Interest Form
- Complete a customized program outline for your unique class idea (use this form as an example/ template)
- Obtain all 3 clearances that are less than 365 days old (or show copies of forms you sent in to prove they are in process)
- Set up an interview with the Program Director or Executive Director
- Fill out a W-9 form
- Shadow at least 2 current Heads Up programs in action – to be set up by the Program Director.
If you like what you see and we can see that your talents and passions fit with our mission and vision – then we can begin to change lives together!